I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Rachel over at Spilled Ink. Much appreciated Rachel, it’s always nice to have a fellow writer appreciate your words.
So, according to the rules I need to tell you seven things about me…
Seven Things About Me:
- I change my hair style regularly just to get compliments (‘ooh, your hair looks lovely! It really suits you!’)
- I live across the road from a country park and up the road from a canal
- I am far too excited about the new series of Strictly Come Dancing
- I am in the process of convincing my family to buy me a Galaxy Nexus 7 for my birthday – 3months early
- At my next birthday I will be – oh my god – 30 years old.
- I really, really don’t feel grown up enough to be 30 years old!
- I always dislike this part of blog awards because I can never think of enough interesting things to tell
Now to the slightly easier part of the blog award: nominating a few good people to pass it on to. Although, this award allows only 5 nominations so I’ll have to choose wisely. I’m also going to mention why I already love these blogs, which isn’t in the rules but will help explain why I picked them.
Five People I Nominate:
- Rilzy – because of her conversational tone and insightful honesty
- Erica’s Atramentum – she hasn’t updated in a while, but a lot of the posts I find really useful for writing analysis
- The Writings of Dan – I find his struggle to improve himself as a writer inspirational, and can totally relate to it
- Spilt Hot Chocolate – Who doesn’t want advice on how to succeed at NaNoWriMo and making sure you edit your work? Her posts always make me want to try that bit harder at my dream…
- N. Schmiedicker – Another kindered spirit trying to improve himself. I also find his reviews fascinating.
So, there you have it. Now for the rules – so that those nominated can accept this most gracious of awards if they so choose to follow it.
1. Copy and paste the award logo onto a post.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. List seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate five other blogs.